Nutrition | Sunshine
The centre will provide the following meals & snacks every day:
|Breakfast||7.00 – 8.00 am|
|Morning Tea||9.00 am|
|Lunch and Dessert||11.00 am|
|Afternoon Tea||1.30 pm (babies) 3.00pm (older kids)|
- This centre has a 'Peanut-Free Policy'.
- Staff promote healthy eating habits by eating together and discussing foods with the children in a pleasant atmosphere. Children can imitate appropriate manners, nutrition choices and social interactions from staff.
- Staff offer and encourage children to eat a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, fish, chicken, milk, meat, yoghurt, cheese, grains, cereals, pasta, bread, etc.
- All food is prepared fresh and on the premises daily.
- Children are offered familiar foods that are typical of their culture and religious preferences. Parents are asked to recommend foods or recipes they prefer for their child.
- The children eat healthy snacks instead of desserts that are high in sugar or fat.
- The centre provides drinks for the children, including fresh cow's milk, soy milk, and clean water.
- With staff's guidance, the children are encouraged to be self-reliant at mealtimes by feeding and serving themselves.
- Well-balanced menus, which are planned in advance, are displayed on the board in each room for parent's purusal (see example above).